Griggs To Hold Series of Townhall Meetings
Dallas City Manager Mary Suhm is preparing the proposed budget for the city of Dallas for the next fiscal year (Oct. 2012 – Sept. 2013). This budget will determine how tax dollars are spent on police, fire, code enforcement, streets, parks, recreation centers, libraries, as well as the arts and other important city services.
Councilman Scott Griggs will be holding three townhall meetings to present the proposed budget, and is asking for the public’s input.
Tuesday, Aug. 14 at 6:30 p.m.
Park in the Woods Rec Center
6801 Mountain Creek Parkway
Tuesday, Aug. 21 at 6:30 p.m.
Hampton-Illinois Library (the Black Box Theater)
2951 South Hampton Road
Wednesday, Aug. 29 at 6:30 p.m.
West Dallas Multipurpose Center
2828 Fishtrap Road
Here’s a quick look at the 2012 – 2013 budget:
- No tax rate increase
- No sanitation rate increase
- Residential water rate increase of 3.9 %
- Industrial water rate increase of 5.3 % increase and commercial increase of 7.2 %
- Add police officers and firefighters to maintain current levels
- Add $50,000 for Senior Jobs Program
- Same pools and recreation centers will be open
- Library materials budget will increase by $1 million
- Increase AT&T Performing Arts Center funding to $2.5 million
- Historic and conservation districts will be 2/3 funded by general fund
- Add 57 employees in building inspection and 2 to 4 employees in planning
- Increase street maintenance and add $500,000 for bike lanes